Doing our bit for the planet
With every order
Plant based materials
Let’s create a happier planet
Loam & Lore eco-friendly cases are designed to protect your phone, and protect the planet from plastic pollution. Every piece of plastic ever made still exists today in some shape or form, and will do for thousands of years. Let’s not add to the problem, let's be part of the solution instead.
Our unique makeup of biodegradable plant-based material is flexible and smooth, and most importantly won’t harm the environment when the time comes to bid farewell to your phone case.
To further reduce our carbon footprint we ship all our cases in simple recyclable packaging, with no plastic tape, which means that zero waste is produced throughout your case’s life. This is the best way to ensure your case is delivered safely to you, while staying true to our mission.
We designed our phone cases using 100% biodegradable plant fibres that will break down within 6 months in an industrial composting environment. Or you can throw it in your garden compost - just keep in mind it takes a bit longer (up to 24 months).
We love our planet and want to look after it. Our Amazon Collection supports the Amazon Conservation Team, a charity helping to protect the Amazon rainforest, its indigenous people and wildlife. That’s why 5% of the profit from every sale will be donated to this cause.
One Tree with Every Purchase
We are partnering with Ecologi to plant one tree for every purchase. They also support projects that protect rainforests and help farmers create renewable energy.
Many phone cases actually contain chemicals that are damaging to nature; some contain BPA, phthalates, lead, or cadmium that can be released into the environment when degraded. However, our plant based cases contain only eco-friendly substances and do not contain BPA, phthalates, cadmium or lead, and are 100% vegan.
We have certification for industrial composting in both the USA and Europe. You can also compost our cases in your garden or backyard, it will just take a bit longer to break down.
- As artists and designers we appreciate we appreciate the beauty of organic shapes and forms, so we wanted to create a phone case that reflected some of the earth's natural beauty. Our Amazon Collection of phone cases are engraved with a topographic map design of the Amazon rain forest.
We’ve thought about the details
- At only 2mm thick, it’s designed to not add any extra bulk to your device, and the flexibility also allows easy access to all buttons, controls and ports without having to remove the case. Offers good wrap-around protection, with perfect cutouts for speakers and other ports, with a 0.5mm raised frame around the camera.
Soft and flexible feel
- The case has a non-slip matte natural texture that feels great in your hand. Our unbreakable material is sleek, soft and easy to put on, easy to remove, while being grippy enough to get a reassuring hold of your mobile device.
- Our premium flexible material offers up to 5 foot drop protection* which delivers great shock absorption. Wrapping around the entire edge of the phone, with raised edges means that your screen and camera are protected from scratches and falls.
Wireless charging compatible
- Supports wireless charging. No need to remove your phone from the case to charge with a QI wireless charger.
*We think that our phone cases are brilliant at protecting our phones (all the staff use our cases because we really do believe in them!) Unfortunately if your phone does break while our case is around it we at Loam & Lore are not liable for any damages to the device or your personal property.
Head on over to our frequently asked questions page if you have more questions about our phone cases, the materials we use and how we are taking steps to protect our environment.FAQs
I’ve had countless cases over the years, and spent far too much on some of them. This one is great, it fits well, enables easy access to the buttons and looks good. And hopefully buying this has made a little difference to the environment. But do not think this is at a sacrifice of quality, I’d say it’s up there with the best.
So happy with the look and feel of this case. It’s durable and sturdy too, I’ve dropped my phone and it’s been fine no damage at all. And best of all is eco friendly :-)
Love everything about this cover, the detail on the back is beautiful and excellent quality. The photos of this do not do it justice, worth every penny and it makes me feel like I’m doing my bit for the planet adding one less piece of plastic in the world by being biodegradable. This has to be the best phone cover I’ve ever bought for a phone and would definitely buy more.
Looks amazing in real life
It's got a good grip- isn't slippery at all like my last phone cover. It's rounded edges means that the phone is more protected, and I love how it's sustainable, biodegradable and the packaging was minimal...